Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 15 12 8:27 AM

Tags : :

Hello

Have any of you had the experience of somersizing during Ramadhan? In simple terms, no food or drink for sun up to sun down. Any suggestions for staying on track without having the intermittent meals?

Thanks!

Lisa

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jul 15 12 1:14 PM

Hi Lisa,

Im going back to SSing after stopping it for two years and Ramadan is the hardest part to adhere to, but what I plan on doing is having a protein meal to break the fast with veggies, then have fruits after 3 hours and the sohor will be ff yogurt and veggies or protein and veggies. I still have to decide.. 

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jul 17 12 10:18 AM

Hi Rookie,,

I totally agree with you.. I plan on doing the same. but am thinking of sticking to a carb meal for sohor as yogurt is good and helps the next day not to get thirsty

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jul 18 12 3:54 AM

WS,

Thank you for your response! I guess I will start with fruit and protein (if there is time before 4AM to have both...) and to break fast protein fats and vegs. I am doing so well now but am unsure what will happen during this month. IA it will be fine!!

Have a blessed Ramadan ,

Lisa:)

Quote    Reply   

nuba

Super Poster

#4 [url]

Apr 16 13 2:46 AM

Thanks ladies for the input on how to SS through ramadan . I just started and thought how im going to SS through the month of ramadan. Put u gave me some good ideas. 

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jul 13 13 10:22 AM

Hello and Salaam!

How is it going during Ramadan? This is year two for me but this time it is  harder. I got off track when we went to Lebanon (no suitable products there! and boy can they eat their carbs and meat) and now am dealing with jet lag, etc. 

I am thinking that the best way to stay on track is to sort of reverse the menus- eat more in the AM and less at night (soups, etc). I also think that it is best to go into level 2 so that I get enough nutrients. What do you think?

Ramadan Kareem,

Lisa

Quote    Reply   

nuba

Super Poster

#7 [url]

Jul 13 13 3:33 PM

Salam Lisa

Its nice to find someone fasting like me. I hooe u enjoyed ur trip to lebanon..its a beautiful country and one day i would love to go and see it.

For me i dont eat at suhoor (early in the morning) as i have work and find it hard to wake up eat and go back to sleep that if i can. But its sounds like a good idea. This way u have the energy to keep up through out the day and jusy keep it lite at night.. I was thinking of breaking my fast with some fruits the exercising for 1 hr and have my meal after cos u have to wait for and hr after eating fruits to have a pro/fat meal. To tell u the truth i like ur idea better but its getting up is a hassel..

Ramadan kareem to u too.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#8 [url]

Jul 14 13 9:01 AM

Salaam again Nuba,

Yes, I am happy to find someone who is trying to Somersize and fast too! It is challenging. My trip was stressful as the country is in political turmoil. but al humd.. we came back OK so I am thankful.

I really think you should try to get up and have suhoor even if it is hard- it will make the day easier for you. I think if you prepare it the night before you will have an easier time. Then maybe make a soup for night. If you cook for your family, just eat what you need. You could make a fruit "soup" or a smoothie and then have the profats.

I know it is hard to get up. I have four kids and pretty much I am the one to get up at 3:30 and get things going so we don't all starve. But take if from someone who has missed a meal while somersizing and fasting. I think you mess with your metabolism too much that way and go into starvation mode and hold onto your fat like that.

Do you have any good suhoor recipes?

:))

Lisa

Quote    Reply   

nuba

Super Poster

#9 [url]

Jul 14 13 3:09 PM

Salam Lisa,

Thanks for the advice i will try but im pretty good so far as im not really hungry and not that tired.  I will try though. 

For suhoor the best is to have protien and good fats to keep u sistained. I love lentil soup but the problem is carbs and im trying to stay away so instead im making veggi soup with chicken broth and shredded chicken. We have lots of kofta (ground beef). Im the only one fasting as my kids are two young to fast though my 9 year old tried it until she felt hungry then she broke it.

Are u in canada? 

:)

Nuba

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jul 15 13 5:25 AM

Salaam

That's a good idea with the profats. I always have the carb meal for breakfast as it does hold me better but maybe tomorrow I will have eggs bc it hasn't been working that well. I am in the maintenance phase now so I do some combining but will have to watch it. I feel like I am combining way too much. I like kofta- we have that a lot too.Tonight we are having Haleem (Pakistani) as my kids love it. 

I am in TX! Pretty hot. I wish I was in Canada! Or maybe the Arctic. I am not a hot weather person.

:)

Lisa

Quote    Reply   

nuba

Super Poster

#11 [url]

Jul 15 13 3:22 PM

Salam Lisa,

Yes try the pro/fat for breakfast and have good fats with it cos it will sustained u longer i used to have carbs for breakfast and i was hungry in 2 hrs but I've switched to pro/fats and i feel full for 4 hrs. 

Thats why i don't want to go on maintenance cos i know i will have to much carbs. 

Its pretty hot up here as today the temp is close to 40 degree. 

Good luck

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jul 17 13 7:40 AM

Salaam Nuba

So you have lost your weight? Just be careful sticking too long on part 1- I am now 10 pounds less than I need to be, which I would normally not worry about, but I am endlessly confused about part II and I really don't want to get to a skeletal stage. I was off the diet for the most part in Lebanon and now with fasting it I find I am so hungry for carbs for some reason. Ugh.

Do you have good Somersized recipes for Mediterranean recipes? 

Lisa

Quote    Reply   

nuba

Super Poster

#13 [url]

Jul 17 13 9:39 AM

Salam Lisa,

im not losing as i would want to be i still have to watch the im eating and how much cos even if im eating legal i wasnt losing. ive been on this WOE for about 4 months and i have noticed some changes but not like what other people on this program experienced. i still would like to lose a couple of more then i got on level 2 but im afraid if i do i will gain some back will see..

its kind of hard to somersize mediterranean recipes but like dulma (grape leave with rice and meat ) i only use meat for pro/fat and for carbs just use brown rice and omit the meat. same with using eggplant or cabbage rolls..

i make lots of kafta

i think the problem with me and fasting is sweets and i just love our sweets like (baklava, qatayef, kunafa) so yummy...im sure you had tried some when i you where there..

what about you have any good recipes to share???

Nuba

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help