Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 9 11 10:51 AM

Tags : :

I keep getting these recipes from All Recipes and just thought I would share.  Does anyone know if what I am doing is illegal in some way?  I have not tried this yet but whenever I see something that I think will work I try to copy it for myself and share with you .  Blessings, Leenie

Bellas's Brussels Sprouts with Bacon

Ingredients

• 1/2 pound bacon, diced
  • 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons butter
  • 1/4 onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • salt and black pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
  • 2 cups chicken stock

Directions

1. Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until evenly browned, but not crispy, about 10 minutes. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon, leaving the grease in the skillet. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease and stir in the olive oil, butter, onion, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until the onion softens and the garlic lightly browns, 5 to 7 minutes.
  2. Stir in the balsamic vinegar and bring to a simmer; cook until the liquid has reduced by 1/3. Add the reserved bacon, the halved Brussels sprouts, and the chicken stock. Stir, then bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the Brussels sprouts are tender, yet still slightly firm, about 10 minutes.

Leenie

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

kruzankat

Super Poster

#1 [url]

Feb 11 13 5:21 AM

Almost two years after being submitted, I am reading this thread!!!  
I don't know of the legality of reprinting an ALLRECIPES.com recipe here. They have been submitted to that site by all different folks. Reprinting from, for instance, a recipe from one of Suzanne's books is copyright infringement. (Correct me if I am wrong,)
A lot of times, I make small changes to a recipe, either to Somersize it, or make it more to my liking. Adding changes, I think it is not the original recipe, but I list where it came from, so the original recipe can be read by others, and get credit!?
Back to the Brussels sprout recipe, my nephew,during these past holidays,  made a delicious sprout recipe. It used pancetta (similar to bacon) cut into small cubes and cooked until crispy. At end, he added some Sirachi sauce (a little hot and spicy). Was wonderful, and the only leftover I fully demolished!!! (Dressing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, non-SSized gravy-all went to leftover heaven as soon as company left the premises!)

Quote    Reply   

succeedin

Super Poster

#2 [url]

Feb 14 13 8:08 AM

I was listening to Martha Stewart addressing this topic on her radio show and she said if you change even just one ingredient in a recipe, you can call it your own and it isn't a legal infringement. Now, that being said, I would probably personally credit the person or website for the inspiration (if I changed it in any way). On my blog, I have posted reicpes that I have had in my arsenal for 30 years or more & have no idea anymore where some of them came from. I state that & say that if it is "yours" (anyone reading it) "please let me know". Hope that makes sense & helps!~TJ

btw, that brussel sprouts recipe sounds delish!

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help