Remove this ad

saraoconnor

Seniority Member

Lead

Jul 8 10 9:46 AM

Tags : :

Made this last night- DH remembered it from awhile ago, and I subbed the pork rinds and parm for the bread crumbs in the original recipe.  Found a delicious bulk-style andouille sausage with no sugar added! 

String cheese meatloaf

1 cup legal spaghetti sauce, divided
1 egg
3/4 cup pork rind crumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 cloves minced garlic
1 T rosemary, chopped (if using dried, use 1.5 tsp)
1 pound ground beef
1/2 pound bulk sausage (try to find a really flavorful one)
3 pieces string cheese

In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, egg, pork rinds, parmesan cheese, garlic, and rosemary.  Crumble meat over mixture and mix well.  Press half into a loaf pan.  Place two pieces of string cheese side by side near one end of loaf.  Cut the remaining piece of cheese in half'; place these pieces side by side on opposite end of loaf.  Top with remaining meat mixture; press down firmly to seal.

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees; drain.  Drizzle with remaining spaghetti sauce; bake 10 minutes longer.  Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

3 little words

Seniority Member

#2 [url]

Jul 8 10 10:20 AM

OHHHH! This sounds really good!  I'm a meatloaf lover too!  Thanx, sara!  ~`sandi

HOOT! Trying to catch up in reading here... feeling like a fish out of SSizing water for now.

Quote    Reply   

saraoconnor

Seniority Member

#3 [url]

Jul 8 10 10:38 AM

Laurie: We are all kind of "detoxing" from the experience.  DH got to hear an earful right before leaving for the airport, waterworks and all, so he felt bad (even though he had nothing to feel bad about, but she is his mom).  But this AM we all seem more cheerful and are heading off to the Air & Space Museum!  At least no one will complain about how hot it is! 

Sara O

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Jul 9 10 7:31 AM

This sound good, Sara, thanks for the post.  I really love pepper jack cubes; I bet that could make a tasty addition/substitue for string cheese.

Cathy

Seize the Day... It Only Comes Once... Live It!!!

Quote    Reply   

3 little words

Seniority Member

#5 [url]

Jul 15 10 2:47 PM

Sara..just glanced back and  saw your post of the pre-departure, and maybe MIL was feeling guilty for being caught ( not for litening in maybe), but by pouring on the water works, she removed the  spotlight from her  devious eavesdropping  to  go for pity point from her DS. IS that a possibility?  YOU CAD, you! Making her feel all BAAAAD for her listening in ( and she no doubt KNEW you shared that with him), so all she had left was the defensive stance.   = P  I''m guessing she knows he hates to see his mama cry.  Did she not wink or grin at you over  his shoulder she was  crying on???   You made it through and it's the family who detoxes together, who STAYs together.. = )

HOOT! Trying to catch up in reading here... feeling like a fish out of SSizing water for now.

Quote    Reply   

3 little words

Seniority Member

#6 [url]

May 1 12 5:35 PM

Recipe bumped for carol

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help