Remove this ad

#141 [url]

Mar 27 12 7:04 PM

So sorry to hear about your family!  The worst thing is not being able to drive right now.  Bah humbug.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#142 [url]

Apr 5 12 11:21 AM

Hello to you all!!! I am from White Lake, Michigan. Love the state and am loving the program as well. Been on it one week. Today is the first day I can actually say I do feel good. I have been working 7 days a week since tax season started and totally exhausted and not getting enough sleep. There aren't enough hours in the day. I must admit today I have more energy than I have had all tax season. I do believe it is the SS program. I know that I cutting out the white stuff and the sweets is probably one of the major issues.

I had been doing WW since Christmas and lost about 12 lbs and just started putting them back on due to not having enough time to cook. This happens every tax season. I do plan ahead by cooking and freezing but sometimes the best laid plans go right out the window.

I was surfing the internet here at work and came across Suzanne's latest book and ordered it and started reading it. I started the program before I got the book just by surfing the net and getting infor from other sites. Then I found this site and decided to sign up and participate. I am sure I am going to have many questions along the way. I have most of her books and did SS in the past but not following through. This time I like it that the changes incorporate grains and fruit and without having to wait tell you lost your weight or went to one of the next levels.

Thanks for being here!!!!

Quote    Reply   

3 little words

Seniority Member

#143 [url]

Apr 5 12 12:41 PM

WELCOME ! You'll find the early books are what most of us follow when SSizing, and the latest book is quite different.  Questions are invited and none are too insignificant to ask. It comes down to a guessing game for each of us as we all have varying needs. Reading those books will help...with motivation too, as many testimonials are included.   You apply all you can, using the basic 7 RULES of SSizing Suzanne outlined, and then change what needs changing to make youir success happen.

You must have something to do with tax reports?  Hang in there. The 15th is just around the corner.  It's great to hear you are noticing a positive dif in how you feel already.                sandi

HOOT! Trying to catch up in reading here... feeling like a fish out of SSizing water for now.

Quote    Reply   

#144 [url]

Apr 25 12 2:38 PM

Hello To All Who Have Embarked On The Somersize Journey

My name is Kathryn and I live in Central Florida (Viera, Fl.) to be exact.
I was fortunate to spend several years in Europe growing-up,
experiencing everything it had to offer. To this day, I still remember
the amazing foods and the roles they played in their daily lives.
Baking is a PASSION of mine and I'm hoping to alter all our favorites
to fit into the Somersize realm.

I hit Menopause at age 45, and spent the next 4 years having an outrageous Hormone Imbalance completely take over my life, 
then... to add insult to injury, I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism at age 49.
At age 49 I could no longer handle the Menopause symptoms (mentally or physically) and was very happy to find that my ob/gyn
had a great deal of knowledge regarding "Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy" so from 49-50 things started to regulate again.
After close to 1 year of Hormone Therapy I've had to begin taking stronger doses because ALL Menopause symptoms had returned.

Late last summer, Hubby and I made the decision to go on the HCG Protocol... complete with daily injections (the injections were virtually painless, the eating plan was a different story!!)
It is really difficult to incorporate the HCG eating plan into REAL LIFE, between feeding 3 teenagers regular meals and my dear Hubby being the "weakest link" between the two of us, I was
pretty proud of myself when I made it through 26 days of injections with very few CHEATS, and lost 11lbs. If I had been able to be By Myself for 30 days I would have been able to take off
much more weight. During all of this I was researching the whole SOMERSIZE thing, and a week ago I made a commitment to really give Somersizing a try... keeping my husband interested
is definitely going to be the toughest part. I'm seeing differences between the Older Books and the NEW ones, but it's all been trial & error and it is going to come down to what works best for Me (Us).
I'm sure over the next weeks I will have ton's of questions and I'm so glad I have you all to come to.

Thrilled to be here,
Kathryn

Quote    Reply   

elora

Super Poster

#145 [url]

May 2 12 7:54 AM

Midwest USA, right in the heart of corn and soybean country.  Live near a nice lake with lots of critters.  Love the country atmosphere.  Neighbors are friendly and old like us, but we are far from a retirement community.  Flowers have been spectacular this year, especially the roses.

Quote    Reply   

3 little words

Seniority Member

#146 [url]

May 2 12 11:34 AM

Elora ~~~ That sounds beautiful!  You're reminding me that I need to try and find herbs/ additional flowers, as my heart hasn't been in it this Spring...and we DO enjoy them. Hopefully some places still have  a few I can add to what I put in containers on the deck a couple of weeks ago.  That means night shopping since DH and I share the car and he commutes and gets in after dark. This Fri, DD is coming in so we can go on to Dallas to take care of more of Mom's debri at the house we are now renting to one of DD's college friends.  It should be a fun road trip, with a stop at Buckey's ( a fantastic new truck stop with everything you can imAgine ).  I know there is very little for SSers in that place, so I'm drifting ahead in thought to what I might get that's legal ... perhaps cheese or a bunlesss burger... or some jewlery or something for the house....not sure. We'll get the renter friend's little girl a treat there as well.  Our plan is to use points DD has for a motel room, even though the friend invited us to stay with her. Maybe another time.  This gets hubby off the hook for having to make this trip and that icky work ( we always knock ourselves out with all there is to do). He deserves a wkend where he can relax at home. His job is very technical . He's the Predictive Services head with forestry for the entire state. There are 143 counties and between his usual tasks there, they also have him teaching the Southern States how to implement the programs they develop here for fire risks. Mowing is even relaxing for him comparatively, so he'll be doing yard work while we're away.  We'll get back Sat night so the next day will be an easy one for DD to get back on the road to go home.  ( I'm thinking ahead to my meals and know it's "IF-Y" considering there will be 3 other ppl helping decide what and where we'll eat...but I'm packing my travel staples to have choices and snacks ready). As long as I'm not hungry. I can think straight and choose more wisely  In that area, I like to visit Whole Foods and I'd read a post yesterday from 2 yrs ago, that akatkando ( cathy)  had found some Walden Farms things at Albertsons, which is also near Mom's house, and she liked those better than what she'd ordered from Suzanne's products.

Elora ~~ Your neighbors sound like ours...kids mostly up and out, but everyone is so busy and the homes are built in such a way that there is vast space between and not so much contact unless you call or catch someone in the yard.  It';s a favorite walking area though, as the creek is behind the houses across from us, and the lake is at the end of our road. Ppl even park at the little park at the opposite end  who live elsewhere in other subdivisions, and walk our roads for their exercise at times.  I've even seen nature classes from the University come in droves to walk in groups to note the wildlife and vegetation. I have ONE compalint and it's ongoing. The school bus driver drives crazy fast and no matter how many calls I and neighbors have made to the bus barn over the yrs, it picks back up when she thinks all is forgotten. We probably need speed bumps to force the issue, but with walkers, their leashed dogs, deer and other wildlife persuing the roads to get to the creek or around the bend......it's a disaster waiting to happen !  I used to teach in public school here and I remember well, the bus drivers discussing getting their runs finished and back to the bus barn FIRST! I think they must still compete in that way.  ( what do they have? a big box of doughnuts waiting back there for the drivers??? LOL)  It reminds me of the horse I was on at a riding corale when I was in Jr high and this horse got too close to the stables where he could see them and took off in a bolt to get back there. I was in shorts and began clutching for all I was worth to hang on. The result was stinging, bleeding  blisters at the ankles from the friction as he ran. I may need to invite the bus barn manager to come and poark in our drive so he can witness this he** bent speed driver.  (You'd think they'd realize no seat belts in those things, puts all the kids in peril if an accident should occur!...like the one in Houston yesterday where 7 teens wwere injured.)    Any suggestions?         sandi    

HOOT! Trying to catch up in reading here... feeling like a fish out of SSizing water for now.

Quote    Reply   

#147 [url]

May 10 12 2:05 PM

I live in Woodbridge, Ontario Canada, which is in the Greater Toronto Area.  CN Tower, Canada's Wonderland (a hop, skip and a jump away) and a very large Italian population.  1/4 of the GTA is of Italian descent.

Any other Canadians here?

Patty

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

elora

Super Poster

#148 [url]

May 11 12 7:06 AM

I hear you on the school bus thing, Sandi.  We live on a mile around circle.  The bus driver comes to pick up our grandaughter, she is the only child in the neighborhood.  Bus driver comes off the country road onto the circle from the opposite side of our house and drives like a maniac.  Kids are bouncing all over the place.  We would take her to school, but it is a 1 hour round trip.  Our lake properties are crazy scattered, as some are deeded lots and some are leased, and some are local school districts and some rural.  We wanted the deeded lot, so we got the rural school.  Anyway it was the one my kids graduated from too.
If I were younger I could be a bus monitor and Duck tape those kids to their seats LOL........no thanks.  I just pray a lot, until we get better bus safety. <><

Quote    Reply   

#154 [url]

Sep 1 13 6:40 AM

jonesey - you're a neighbor!!! I, too, live near the lake!!!  I just read this part of the forum for some reason.

Wow!!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help