Remove this ad

3 little words

Seniority Member

Lead

Jun 19 10 9:45 PM

Tags : :

I suggest doubling or trippling this bc, it's hard to stay OUT of !

1 cup Reduced Carb Heinz Ketchup
2/3 cup cidar vinegar
1/2 cup packed  Whey Low Gold ( brown sugar sub) ~~ Sugar Twin doesn't compare!!!
1 Tbs Worchestershire Sauce
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp mustard powder
2 tsp Liquid Smoke
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 tsp black pepper ( freshly ground, if possible)
* optional ~~  sauted onion ( translucent), but if you folllow the SAUCY SPARE RIBS
 recipe listed under *pork*, you can use theonion after the boil bath for the ribs..then finely chop, before adding to this wonderful sauce.

Mix ingredients in a saucepan and bring to gentle boil for 10 mins, stirring now and then. Turn off and cool to use and / or store. Will also freeze well.

I bought one of those 2 for a dollar picnic type squeeze bottles at the Dollar General store ( usually a red and a yellow in a pair, then filled one with the  BBQ sauce.
ENJOY !!heart     

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

3 little words

Seniority Member

#1 [url]

Aug 21 10 8:59 PM

Leenie, was it you asking about BBQ sauce today? This is one I SSed from a magazine and enjoyed it. Will still check the ones in the links Laurie posted to see which I will make tomorrow, but I do already have the  sf ketchup ready for this one.  It may end up the deciding factor.. My are my to-Do's mounding in my SSed kitchen list.  Taco seasoning mix, lemon curd / or Sptember's Lemon bars ( double filling made/ keep crust a single), Teri T's vanilla cake, Sandi's SSed BBq sauce, ......    more Jello fluff!  ..and of course, Gummies!      

HOOT! Trying to catch up in reading here... feeling like a fish out of SSizing water for now.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Aug 22 10 5:17 PM

Yes, twas me and someone did give me three different recipes for BB sauce.  I just love this site since I found it.  School begins on September 8 and now I am concerned that I won't have time to do this.  Sometimes I come home and am totally spent.  I don't turn the computer on for days.  I am enjoying this so much.  Haven't enjoyed anything on-line like this for a very long time.   I don't do any of the social networking sites.  Didn't really want to.  I'm lucky during the year if I can answer my email regularly.  Leenie

Leenie

Quote    Reply   

3 little words

Seniority Member

#3 [url]

Aug 22 10 9:04 PM

Leenie ~ I meant to respond to the fact that IA's in my book are TOPS! YOu guys work every bit as hard as ANY teacher and  with medical issues to deal with in these kids...KUDOS on your job!  Do you have a free time in your day with access to mayb a computer lab at the school? That's when I would check my e-mail and it may help you connect here, if that's an option.   Just wondering....

The early AM might work best for you  in checking ion, rather than after  your long day, but it could mean getting up earlier..and it may be a bit delay as to when posted vs when read, but it's a connection!  Other than that, maybe have 2 nights per week where your meal is ready to pull out ALREADY made on the week-end maybe ? And those could help you stay connected possibly.  ( where there's will... ) and we don't want  you to get *unplugged* so soon after getting started.   I know all too well, that exhaustion of which you speak... Dear molly! The days at school seemed 3 days long by the time the last bus ran or the last pick -up was gone..and then we had the after school program with another hr of urging homework, reading, snacks, transitions to work stations, etc... Got your vitamins ready? And don't forget to boost our immune system before all the kids begin breathing on you. I was always colds after getting back around so many after  months away.  You really have to love teaching to do all it takes and I know you can relate!

HOOT! Trying to catch up in reading here... feeling like a fish out of SSizing water for now.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Aug 23 10 8:46 AM

Thanks for your loving support.  We do work pretty hard.  Lots of lifting but have a great group of gals to work with and like I said, a great boss.  He is involved in every way just as we are and I really admire him. 

I do have a break at school and after school when I have to be there but our work is all done and we are ready for the next day.  Think I might be riding the bus this year.  The little girl they have me in charge of now  has a Tracheotomy and has to have her oxygen checked periodically. 
This is what they had me doing last year until they hired someone for her except they never hired anyone for her.  So not sure just what they are going to do this year.  I work grades 3-5. 

There was a point two years ago where I started taking Guarana.  Do you know what that is?  It is a natural caffeine that comes from a plant in I think in South America. Got it at a health food store. Love it!!!  It gives me lots of energy but I do need a break from it.  It is time released.  I only took a quarter to a half of a pill.  Less than the recommeded dosage.  A whole pill left me way too wired. I went off it totally this summer.   Sometimes your body just needs to recover from be up all the time.. I know this must sound terrible.  One thing I also need to mention here is that I had been sick with colds for years.I had walking pneumonia for three yars in a row.  Since taking this pill, which is full of antioxidants, I have not had even the slightest hint of a cold or any other illness.  I am not saying anyone should take this.  It just has worked wonders for me and it is the only thing I was doing different.

Thanks so much for your support Sandi.  I better quit while I am ahead.  Blessings, Leenie

Leenie

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

3 little words

Seniority Member

#5 [url]

Aug 23 10 10:01 AM

leenie ~~ I meant it sincerely., I know first hand  how hard  IAs work, as they have been a godsend when I was teaching! And I used to teach early childhood special ed, and the little ones  with physical problems are  usually like dead weight when you put them through their paces. A 40 lb child can feel more like 60, easily. We had one little guy in another grade up who had a bone disease..crumbling naturally and he was  very enthusiastic about free time on the playground, altho he was VERY limited in what they would allow him to do.. due to the fact that the slightest of bumbs could crack a bone in two! My heart  went out to him, but he smiled though it all and was glad for any freedom s they allowed him. A real sweetheart..but he had to have  someone to asist in transitions.. heavy, heavy lifting! Kudos to you and your work pals..and the  nice boss man!! Having men in the school system is such a belssing ( most cases) for the kids! It makes a huge difference to have male influence during a day.  Sadly, one child ( not a student of mine, but in a spcial needs class), toppled from the top of the slide at recess and died within the hr!. BELIEVE me! I know you guys are working hard and have NO time to blink much less have a thought to yoruselves in the course of a day!! Bless ALL of you! 

That G tab sounds interesting. Does it also help with allergies per chance?  My Hubby tried a gum his boss gave him to sample the other day, and it's used by the military t o keep them alert......filled with  caffeine! He said he was lagging a bit the other afternoon and chewed a half piece and he was  tickled ( or maybe I should say EXCITED  LOL)   he was  so alert for the rest of his work time and driving home, but it wasn't too much to  last into his nap after work time.  He  offered me some if I ever want to give it a try. Well, I asked him the name and he didn't know, but I mentioned we should  check it out and see if it was  ok..as in healthy and he laughed and said.. "are you going to try and find something wrong with it just when I tried it out and liked it??. I just said ." you drug pusher, you!   ...trying to get me to try something and you don't know if it's even ok? just gotta have that caf fix, eh?" LOL '  It hasn' been all that lomg, since I'd heard reports on the caffeine canned drinks which give you a JOLT of energy, but they said annurisms were a possibility if using them YIKES! I shared that with our daughter and son, as college age people often need extra wide awake time to fulfill their  requirenments ( for some, in between partying? )  but it's better to know and be safe ..and I wanted them to warn their friends  to beware ....   Now I want to know more on this you've mentioned as a possible replacement dfor this gum he now likes in a pinch! Thank yoiu for your 1st hand review.  =o)

Quote    Reply   

sunny1

Super Poster

#6 [url]

Aug 19 13 8:49 AM

I suggest doubling or trippling this bc, it's hard to stay OUT of !
1 cup Reduced Carb Heinz Ketchup
2/3 cup cidar vinegar
1/2 cup packed  Whey Low Gold ( brown sugar sub) ~~ Sugar Twin doesn't compare!!!
1 Tbs Worchestershire Sauce
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp mustard powder
2 tsp Liquid Smoke
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 tsp black pepper ( freshly ground, if possible)
* optional ~~  sauted onion ( translucent), but if you folllow the SAUCY SPARE RIBS
 recipe listed under *pork*, you can use theonion after the boil bath for the ribs..then finely chop, before adding to this wonderful sauce.
Mix ingredients in a saucepan and bring to gentle boil for 10 mins, stirring now and then. Turn off and cool to use and / or store. Will also freeze well.
I bought one of those 2 for a dollar picnic type squeeze bottles at the Dollar General store ( usually a red and a yellow in a pair, then filled one with the  BBQ sauce.
ENJOY !![image]     

-3_little_words

Sandi:
I have been looking for a really good SF BBQ sauce, and I wanted to thank you for posting this recipe. I'm not sure why I did not see it before now. I was not able to follow it exactly, using just what I had on hand. I only had regular splenda, not the brown sugar kind. I did not have mustard powder, so I looked up online how to equate reg. mustard to the mustard powder. I used 5 tsp. of reg. mustard and I think it was a bit too much, so I think I will try to buy some mustard powder for next time. Also, used dehydrated onion flakes instead of onion powder, and left out the liquid smoke, because I am allergic to it. I added 2 pinches of red pepper flakes and extra black pepper to make it HOT:o) This is a really great recipe to build on. My husband wanted me to add some crumbled fried bacon next time....he loves his bacon!

Cajun in CA, I think you had asked about BBQ sauce a few months back. You should really give this one a try!

Thanks again Sandi!

Quote    Reply   

3 little words

Seniority Member

#7 [url]

Aug 19 13 2:36 PM

You are so welcome, Sunny! I love experimenting and changing things up in recipes so the bacon idea is stellar!  Can't WAIT to try that. The smokmed flavor can easily come from the bacon for those omitting the liquid smoke.  Dehydrated onion cuases gas probs for my hubby  and the onion powder can as well, buit not as bad.  Anyone wanting to add fresh minced and nuked onion, will do just as well with this recipe. ( Nuke with a bit of butter and maybe a splash of water for about 1 min to soften the onion).  As for mustard issues... if using the prepared, you have to take into acct the extra vinegar in that mustard, so less may be just the key! It should still be ok without having to buy the dry. I had my sister's old can of dry mustard for many yrs, and never used it, before learning spices had to be thrown oput after a time. I didn't buy more at first but then got curious and fina;ll;y bought some to try out. It's fiun to add to scalloped cauli ( as you would potatoes), or to sauces for a bit of a kick in tanginess to brighten the flavor. Prepared is JUST fine... just think of the vingar it adds too.  So glad this recipe is working for you! ENJOY!  sandi   

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help