Remove this ad

Lead

Aug 2 09 2:03 PM

Tags : :

I am struggling to MOVE more, but everyday I've been doing more!!! Every little bit is progress, and will help me achieve my goal.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

tracylee

Seniority Member

#1 [url]

Aug 2 09 2:11 PM

Well, they have proven that 6 little ten-minute workouts is just as good an one hour-long workout. When I think that way, it makes it easier for me! Take 10 minutes and dance or treadmill, do that 6 times a day, and I have an hour of exercise in!

What I really miss is weight training. I have to get back into lifting weights. Not only is it good for me but it really gets the endorphins going, which is great for the hormone attacks that I get, lol. 

You're inspiring me to exercise again, PG. Thanks!

Tracy S. 50 lbs to lose! www.website-editing.com

Quote    Reply   

saraoconnor

Seniority Member

#2 [url]

Aug 14 09 1:59 PM

Today was a good exercise day!  I started out having to walk two dogs (one is old and slow, so it wasn't a workout) around their neighborhood.  Then after getting Aidan on the bus I went to the gym and did the hill program on the treadmill for 45 minutes.  Then I did the ab machine for 20 reps and three upper body machines for 20 reps each.  I hope I can move tomorrow!

Sara

Quote    Reply   

tracylee

Seniority Member

#3 [url]

Aug 14 09 2:46 PM

Holy cow, Sara...you put me to shame! I sat on my keester at the computer all day, and I'm so tired I don't want to do anything else, lol.

Now, I don't have a car. (I'm seeing how long I can live without one.) In two weeks I'm moving to a city where I won't really know anyone. This means no rides anywhere or no car-borrowing like I do here. (Sister lives next door.) I think this is fantastic. If I need something at the store, I don't have a choice...I walk. It'll become a normal thing for me, and I know that I'll start to see a difference in how I feel and look. The grocery store will be 5 blocks away from me. I'm not sure how long the blocks are...I hope they're long. Winter might be rough, but that's okay. I will be getting exercise regularly!

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Aug 15 09 6:36 PM

Tracey,
When I lived in NYC I walked so much and I was in suprizingly good shape from it,even though I  weighed 180 when I lived there 2 yrs. ago!  I always poo pood walking, as real exercise, but I weighed 180 then and now I weight 205  two years later. no walking. so there you go!

My legs looked a lot better... even fat.  You can always take a cab if the weather is really bad, and it is really good not to have a car in a city ( parking hassles + cost of garage parking) .

If you want to get a car for some reason, rent a Zip car... you can rent them for an hour, a week, a day, a month...etc.

This is proven:

WITH EXERCISE, IT IS WHAT YOU DO CONSISTENTLY THAT YOU REALLY SEE RESULTS FROM.

217/201.4/160 5'3" 57yrs. 41.4 lbs to goal!! started SS 7/10/09 UPDATE 162/155goal 58yrs. 7/1/11

Quote    Reply   

tracylee

Seniority Member

#5 [url]

Aug 15 09 9:44 PM

Zip car...cool!

Yeah, I really look forward to walking everywhere again. Where I live now is out in the boonies, and I can't walk anywhere. Well okay, I can "take a walk", but I don't like walking without a destination, lol. In Spokane I'll simply have to walk, which is perfectly fine with me! 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Aug 16 09 7:19 AM

Tracy,
I just checked the Zipcar website and they don't have Zip cars in Spokane, lol  so you WIll be walking... which will be GOOD for you:) 

When you get there, get one of these small rolling carts that people use in cities, to take grocery shopping/errands! They are cool and inexpensive and you can put a lot more stuff in them than you can carry... go to www.stacksandstacks.com. search "shopping cart" to see a photo of what i mean. They fold up and are a HUGE asset when living in a city without a car and spending a fourtune on cabs.
I love sububan life now, but i loved city life too.  You'll LOVE it, I'm sure:)  I'm excited for you! 

217/201.4/160 5'3" 57yrs. 41.4 lbs to goal!! started SS 7/10/09 UPDATE 162/155goal 58yrs. 7/1/11

Quote    Reply   

tracylee

Seniority Member

#7 [url]

Aug 16 09 9:39 AM

Yeah, I'll have to get one of those carts. Although...if I don't get one, then I have to make more frequent trips, which is good! But I know that in some circumstances the cart will be necessary.

I'll kinda be living in suburbia...I won't be right in the heart of the city. I'll be close enough to make it easy to get places, though. Yay!

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Sep 2 14 7:07 AM

In the past, I have never been inclined to participate in sports. Honestly, I didn’t like it, but many persons whom I lived with kept telling me everyday how good it was. Since the peer pressure was growing, I decided to go to the gym. It wasn’t until then that I could really understand people when they said exercise really helped a person get organized and keep yourself in a healthy physically and mentally

_________________________________________________________________________________
16singhar
How to do makeup
Fat burning foods for women
How to do smokey eyes makeup
Wedding makeup tips
Bridal makeup tips
Apple cider vinegar weight loss
How to lose 10 pounds in a week

Last Edited By: david78888 Nov 20 14 5:23 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Sep 14 14 3:57 PM

Yesterday I walked three miles on a nearby paved bike trail that I haven't walked on in a couple of years. It felt good to walk on that trail, as it had been a while since I had done so.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help