Remove this ad

tracylee

Seniority Member

Lead

Aug 1 09 5:09 PM

Tags : :

After some trial and error, I came up with these. I love them! Except for the salmon and eggs, you can tweak the other ingredient amounts if you want, according to your preference. I'm just putting a guideline here, since I usually just throw things in without measuring.

Salmon Cakes with Dill Sauce

1 large can pink salmon. (I think the large cans are about 14 to 15 oz)
2 eggs, beaten 
3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese. (I use fresh but canned would probably be even better)
4 oz softened cream cheese
1/2 chopped green onions
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp dill weed
salt and pepper 
olive oil

Dill Sauce
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp dill weed
1/4 tsp of onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, (with however much salt and pepper you want to add), cover the bowl and put in the refrigerator for an hour or more to let the flavors marry and the mixture get a little stiffer. Your cakes will come out better that way. 

In the meantime, mix the dill sauce ingredients together, place in a covered container and put that in the fridge as well.

When you're ready to cook, heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet. Make the salmon mixture into patties, and place a few patties at a time into the pan to cook. As they're done, transfer them to a plate with a paper towel on it so they can drain. Repeat, adding more oil if necessary, until all the mixture has been used.

Serve the cakes hot with the sauce on the side. The cakes and sauce taste wonderful together. 

Enjoy!

Tracy S. 50 lbs to lose! www.website-editing.com

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

3 little words

Seniority Member

#1 [url]

Apr 22 10 8:58 AM

Hey Tracylee! This recipe caught my eye and I'll make it here in a bit to have ready for lunch later!  I have packet pouch style salmon and will work the amt with what the recipe calls for.  Looks GREAT! I noticed the dill sauce ingreds are exactly what I use to make Ranch Dressing, plus some fresh lemon juice.  I can't wait !  I may have first started making Ranch from Peter Neuman's recipe, but I haven't looked at it in so long, not sure what he listed.  Here's to ahelathy and tasty lunch! and to YOU for posting this one   : >     sandi

HOOT! Trying to catch up in reading here... feeling like a fish out of SSizing water for now.

Quote    Reply   

3 little words

Seniority Member

#2 [url]

Apr 22 10 10:53 PM

OK...made them... cooked them....scarfed them down for  lunch today! I'm STILL excited  that these  were so good and easy do!  I had lettuce and  grape tomatoes on the side  with the same dill dressing ( which is just like  Ranch Dressing to me)...sooo very happy with this one! Thank you Tracy!   : )    They would work using  tuna  OR shredded chicken too!

Sandi

HOOT! Trying to catch up in reading here... feeling like a fish out of SSizing water for now.

Quote    Reply   

3 little words

Seniority Member

#4 [url]

Mar 24 12 10:57 PM

Deirdre,  I'm not crazy about the flavor of salmon either, but this recipe made it pretty good for a healthy slamon option...with the sauce. 
 I almost bought some salmon today but left it there, even tho it was on sale. I've been on a fish kick lately and found flounder and halibut steaks in Target~! They were sooo so good! Then I went back for more and saw the price on the counter rail was $24 for 3 fillets of Alaskan Halibut!!! Thankfully I had caught it on sale! I checked my receipt and had only paid about $8 for those...and you never can tell when they will go on slae. They are expecting more in tomorrow ( they were out today and last week-end), but the prices will be up,  no doubt.  I really like the Flounder best and that was the market brand, so typically it's about $8.  I had the last flounder fillet for breakfast! Added butter and dill and some pepper. Usually I want lemon and sauce, but this fish kick has me eating it with the basics.  I buy what's caught in the wild and avoid any farm raised if from overseas bc reports say those farms are nasty filthy!!! See YouTube on the topic... ick!!   I haven't tried any  coated and  fried or baked...just pan fried in butter or nuked.       let us know if you tweak this recipe and like the results, plz.....    sandi

Quote    Reply   

succeedin

Super Poster

#6 [url]

Mar 26 12 12:49 PM

Dang! These sould good! I love to stock up on canned salmon when it's on sale but have only ever thought of making salmon salad with it (which I've grown TIRED of)
Now I'm sad that I haven't bought any the last few times they were on sale!
Thanks Tracylee!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

3 little words

Seniority Member

#8 [url]

Mar 27 12 11:48 AM

TEEHEE  I just had a thought of trying the cod fillets I boughtthe other day as cod cakes, using this recipe! I'm honestly going nuts for fish lately!!  I had a cod filet yesterday sauteed in butter with lemon, garlic and herb sprinkle, and dill. NOW I'm thinking of thse cakes! I still have celery so maybe for lunch?  TJ , did your family eat/like them? My hubby eats fried fish only. Kitchen life would be easier if he'd cross on over to accepting more SSed foods. I'm still working on him with whole grains and he's opening up to the flavor and texture more and more, but he still loves the soft doughy pleasure of the non-nutritive white bun type things.   He was absolutely gleeful last night after I crisped up his graham crackers in the oven ( humidity here is hard on crackers)...as he had never had one toasty warm!  LOL      Ohhhh! Wouldn't it be nice to have a whole grain graham flour cracker option with SSizing?   sandi  

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Jun 29 13 7:44 AM

Yes - the green canned Parm is legal! In fact, it's better for most recipes

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help