Remove this ad

Lead

Jun 2 13 8:58 AM

Tags : :

Hello All, I haven't posted in a long while, as my laptop died and it's so tedius to post anything lengthy or worthwhile on my iPhone.  But I have been reading & keeping up with the postings.  I'm feeling a little lost today since I brought all 5 of my Suzanne Somers books back to the library.  I had renewed them twice so I had almost come to think of them as my own, lol!  I made good use of them, i.e., studied them, memorized all the rules & stories of encouragement, and yes I did copy a lot of my favorite recipes.  So I will be relying more on this site to keep my will strong!  I have to admit something:  I did not weigh myself upon starting this.  And I promise to myself that I won't be weighing myself in the interim.  After years of trauma scale & being thrust into depression and discouragement on previous weight-loss endeavors, I'm just not subjecting myself to it this time.  I rely completely on my clothes to tell me how I'm doing.  I began on April 1st in a tight size 20 and as of today I'm in an "old" pair of baggy size 18 jeans.  I've also gone from a size XL blouse/top to a L.  I highly recommend this scale liberation to anyone.  I'm also walking on an average 45-50 minutes 5 days/week, which helps me tremendously.  I can tell exactly where I'm losing inches and it feels wonderful!  No indigestion, better sleeping habits, more energy, just all-around more healthy.  Unfortunately, I'm flying home to New Orleans tomorrow for 10 days to be with my Mom as she has surgery for early stage breast cancer.  And to add to the obvious stress that goes along with having a sick family member, I do admit I'm a little worried as to how well I'll be able to adhere to the WOE while I'm there.  This is so easy to do in my own comfort zone.  My parents are used to eating lots of white rice, white pasta, sauces, & fried foods.  So I'm praying my resolve will be strong as I concentrate on meat & veggies.  So far, this is my biggest challenge:  being out of the comfort of my home where I'm the one preparing the food - eating out, being on the road for long periods, these are the situations that are hard for me.  Doable, but hard.  But so worth it!  My husband & daughter have gotten used to all the freshly prepared meals and many days, they'll eat what I eat, which of course makes it easier for me!  Anyway, just wanted to check in & wish everyone Happy Woeing and a "Hang In There" to all......

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

sunny1

Super Poster

#1 [url]

Jun 7 13 11:35 AM

Cajun:
Good luck going home. It's the worst place for this WOE. Mom wants to make all that good/bad stuff we love to eat! Maybe you can show them a thing or two from our way of eating that they might like. About your books, not sure if you have goodwill in Canada, but they probably have them in LA while you are there. Every time I walk into our goodwill, I see one or more of the SS books. I actually have 2 copies of each, which I purchased at goodwill. Except fast and easy, I have only ever had 1 of those. I would really buy them if I were you, because everytime I'm tempted to cheat, I have 1 of my books laying around and I remember that I need to eat good. Sounds silly, but it works for me! If you can't find them cheap at goodwill, sometimes amazon has the used ones really cheap. Good luck! Hope your mom gets better.

Quote    Reply   

kruzankat

Super Poster

#2 [url]

Jun 8 13 5:26 AM

Hey Cajun,
I'm sure it's comforting for your Mom to have you home. Let us know how your visit went, and even if you couldn't SS totally, just hop back on the bandwagon when you return!  It's wonderful that your DH and DD are so supportive.
Several years ago, after I had knee surgery, my Mom came and helped me out for a week or so.  She cooked Somersized for me--it was fun.  She made the cauliflower tots!  I had always wanted to try them, but never bothered!
Hope that both you and your Mom are doing well!!!!!

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jun 21 13 7:13 AM

Hi Sunny 1, to update, yes it was hard and I did give in to a few non-WOE meals. But all in all I ended up doing Level 1 about 75% & I also walked about half of the days for exercise. I cooked several meals for my family & added starch just for them & it worked out fine. But I do love your suggestion about keeping the books on hand & I think I was doing much better mentally when I had the books to refer to. Think I'll go to the library & re-check out the books for a while! Thanks for the encouragement. How is it going for you?

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jun 21 13 7:21 AM

Hi Kruzencat, yes it was wonderful to be home with my parents. And honestly it felt a little liberating to be there alone without my husband & daughter. Although I missed them terribly. As I just wrote above, I felt I did OK while I was there & had no trouble getting back fully on SS when I returned. It was nice to feel in control again! We're actually driving to New Orleans next week for a longer trip (road trip!) & I'm going to be prepared with a small ice chest to bring my "stuff" on the road with me. Thanks for the kind words & let us know how you're doing as well :)

Quote    Reply   

sunny1

Super Poster

#5 [url]

Jun 21 13 7:23 AM

Going ok. My weight went up after my last vacation (which is the reason for my other post about vacation!). I still have about 5 lbs. to lose to get back to where I was before. I'm sort of just maintaining at this point, but that's better than gaining, I guess. I think I will try adding some more exercise and see if that helps.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

Jun 21 13 8:15 AM

Yes, maintaining is better than gaining, Sunny 1. It might be a plateau you're going through. When things get hard for me, I set aside a cooking/prep day. I cook chicken, boil eggs, grate cheese, clean lettuce, prep veggies. It helps re-organize my eating priorities to know I'm prepared. The exercise should help too. I feel lost if I go more than 2 days without my walk.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jun 27 13 2:00 PM

If you have Half Price Books store near you, they have the books. I think I paid $6-$8 for one of them. I agree with having the books out for you to see and remind you! I own tons of cook books, but the only ones I have on my counter top or Suzanne's!

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jul 17 13 9:52 AM

No Half-Price books here, but I'm headed to the library to check out the ones I used before. Just got home from a 2-week driving trip to New Orleans & it was an epic failure WOE-wise. The 4 1/2 days driving time were the worst part. Amazingly, I haven't gained anything. I started walking again Monday & I need the books to get me back in the right frame of mind. Ugghhh!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help